>Tamburro had a full week break since his last game and the princenton
>game is followed by a two plus week break for RPI, so why the hell
>didn't Tamburro start and stay in goal ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
>
>Why does Fridgen play Masotta when Tamburro is healthy and rested(rare
>qualities to be found in any RPI player) ?
>
>Masotta is a freshman, inexperienced, and not very good yet (as is to
>be expected).  My question is why should Masotta be given important
>RPI games as practice time when Tamburro could be in goal and RPI could
>be winning the games they obviously could win.
>
>The overall RPI team isn't strong enough to support a weak goalie.
>This is evidenced by their need to depend on Tamburro to pull them
>out of defensive disasters(as witnessed during the Clarkson game).
  I agree 100%.  The score said 0-0 after firts. I don't think that was indicative of the game. I did not see this one, but I was at UML game and after first period the score was 0-0. At that point I was very thankfull, because I thought it should have been 5-0 Lowell. RPI did not show up for that game, and they did not show up for Princeton game. I listened to the game on the radio and the only thing I could cheer to was that miniscule amount of time RPI had control of the puck. I would say 70% of the time the puck was at RPI zone and the other 30% it was in the neutral ice. RPI could not control the puck in the Princeton zone. If you thought the Army game was bad, think again. I can't understand why Fridgen did not start Tamburro in the important ECAC game especially since he had a good streak going. Maybe someone can enlighten me.
 >       i also am curious about the power play situation -- RPI was 0 for 5,
>and Princeton was only 1 for 7 -- what made the difference -- I'd have thought
>that Princeton's ppg score would have been much higher given the overall score.

 Over the season I've noticed that RPI start playing real defence when they are short handed. Which means that they CAN play good defence. Somehow when they are even strenght the defence disappears. The reason why Princeton was 1for7 on pp is because RPI is shorthanded for a whole lot of time in every game, and they are forced to play defencive style during short handed situations. When RPI takes a penalty I dont expect them to be scored upon any more than at even strength situation.