at Boston University 10, Dartmouth 2 (NC)
New Hampshire at Mass Amherst, ppd, bad ice
Boston College 4, at Mass Lowell 3 (ot)
Maine 3, at Merrimack 1
at Providence 10, Northeastern 3

HE league play goes on hold until 01/03/95.

I'd be interested to hear more about what happened at UMass-Amherst.
Through the first period and into the second of the Maine-Merrimack
game, we kept getting updates that the game was being delayed, and
then it was announced as having been postponed due to "bad ice".  It
sounds like UNH went all the way down there and then had to return
home without playing.  I suspect commissioner Bob DeGregorio was in
touch with the officials at UMA but I didn't run into him after the
game so I couldn't ask.  Did UMA have to refund the tickets?  What
exactly were the problems?  Everything seemed to be okay last weekend
when Merrimack was out there.

Maine remained undefeated at 12-0-5 by squeaking out a win at
Merrimack.  Highlights (with box to come later):

* Maine totally dominated from start to finish, outshooting Merrimack
handily in each period and 41-18 for the game.  Yet, the score
remained 1-0 Maine into the third, when Merrimack's Ziggy Marszalek
scored on a breakaway to tie it up, and the result remained in doubt
until late.
* Merrimack goalie Martin Legault had another stellar performance, and
the combination of many amazing saves by him and outstanding play by
the MC defense kept the game close throughout.
* Maine's Brad Purdie broke the tie at 14:52, and he added an
insurance goal with 2:08 left.  Those goals were huge, as it was
beginning to look as if Merrimack would once again take the Black
Bears to OT.
* This weekend was the first time all season that Maine had been held
to 3 goals or less in two straight games.
* Legault stopped 74 of 80 shots in just under 124 minutes of play
this weekend for a save% of .925, as well as stopping 5 of 6 shots in
the shootout Friday night.  He was named the #1 star in both games and
is coming into his own as one of the better goaltenders in the
Association.  He has held the opposition to 3 goals or less in each of
his last 4 games, and 4 goals or less in his last 7.
* Maine took only one penalty tonight that resulted in a power play,
after taking no penalties Friday night.  Penalty killing improved for
Merrimack, holding Maine scoreless tonight in 3 chances and allowing
only 1 goal on 5 opportunities all weekend.
* Wayne Conlan, Maine Jr RW, appeared to have suffered a serious knee
injury when he collided with Steve McKenna early in the second.  He
was helped off and did not return.  Early reports are that he could be
out for a while, although we will know more later.  His leadership and
positive attitude will be missed.

Merrimack also honored its 1994 NC$$ DivII Champion softball team in
between periods tonight, with SID Jim Seavey conducting the on-ice
ceremony in which the women were presented their rings by AD Bob
DeGregorio and President Richard Santagati.

This weekend, Merrimack also unveiled its brand new scoreboard system
which was just installed last week and is mounted in the same position
as the old one at both ends of the ice.  The new scoreboards are
vastly improved over the old ones and are much easier to see - and
what's more, they work. :-)  They were donated to the college by Pepsi.

One request: did anyone tape the Maine-Merrimack game off of NESN?  I
got home to find out I had set the VCR for the wrong channel. :-(  And
the game won't be replayed, either.  I had hoped to have the game on
tape since I try to tape all MC tv appearances (and there aren't many
:-)), as well as that NESN carried the softball ceremony and I'd like
to have that too.  If anyone can help, I'd be more than happy to cover
costs.  Thanks very much in advance.

It was once again a pleasure to work with Joe Carr in broadcasting the
games this weekend for Maine radio.  Comments, criticisms, etc. are
welcome from anyone who happened to tune in - I'm sure I don't measure
up to Joe's former sidekick, Joe Clark, but I hope Maine fans found
the broadcasts interesting and enjoyable to listen to.