I know this is not REALLY college hockey news, but I couldn't pass it up.  Greg
Shepherd, WCHA Supervisor of Officials (he also refs every other weekend) and
Northern States Power employee, has added another iron to the fire.

In the West St. Paul City Council election, in Ward 1, Shepherd beat one-term
incumbent Sandra Shirley 1101 votes to 897.  (Vote totals from today's St. Paul
Pioneer Press).  The question now is, did he issue the decision on the Brink DQ
in time to win the votes of the Gopher Hockey Fan Lobby?  Or is there a
substantial population of Badger alumni in West St. Paul?  :-)  :-)  (Shep has
been called the Badgers' Favorite Ref because of a winning streak they had a
couple years back in games he officiated.)

Pam Sweeney                             Go Gophers!!!
[log in to unmask]       1993 & 1994 WCHA Playoff Champions
                                   1994 NC$$ PHinal PHour
                                        Ski-U-Mah!!!