DaveH writes...
===================
Can anybody who saw the game comment on the amount of playing time that
Bullock and Dartsch had?  As I reported on Friday, Crowder was banishing them
to the fourth line with limited playing time due to them not working hard last
weekend.  Did they start out on a bona fide 4th line with Salsman, as predicted
and then play their way back into the coach's good graces?  Since Bullock had
two goals and three assists according to the game report, he must have had a
regular shift...

Thanks in advance,

DaveH
===================

I actually saw this post before the game so I tried to take note.

In my opinion, Coach Crowder was ready and prepared to carry out the
banishment of the four who did not work hard in his opinion last weekend.
Campbell did not dress.  Bullock and Dartsch were listed on the 4th line.
Bullock was involved in each of the River Hawks first five goals.  The
reason?  The report was Bullock would see time on the 4th line and some
on the power play.  There were so many penalties called in this game that
Bullock got all the ice time he could want and more on the man advantage.

P1 6:00  UML 1, BU 0 : Bullock assist on PP
P1 17:12 UML 2, BU 1 : Bullock goal even strength
P1 18:23 UML 3, BU 1 : Bullock assist on PP
P2  :54  UML 4, BU 1 : Bullock goal on PP
P2 1:54  UML 5, BU 1 : Bullock assist on PP

After that BU shut down the UML power play beginning with the Bates short
hander.

Bullock for the rest of the game was not a 4th liner but he did not get
the extra ice time you'd expect from a first liner so Crowder probably was
still sending a message.  But it'd be hard to argue with Crowder giving
Bullock some extra time since he seemed to be working hard now, picking up
5 points in a period and two minutes, working his way back into the
coach's good graces.

As for Dartsch, I wasn't paying attention to him as much.  The locks of
Bullock are much easier to track.  He did see lots of time on the PP
I think.

         |__   __|  |  __  |   Jason Patton  Boston University  SMG/COM '95
 |____|     | |     |  ____|   WTBU Play-By-Play Voice of Terriers Hockey
         |____|     |_|        WTBU 89.3 FM / 640 AM General Manager