Brown was shut out (3 to 0) by RPI (sorry, Rensselaer) Saturday night,
but rebounded with a 5-1 victory over Union last night.

RPI (sorry, Rensselaer) did a masterful job containing Brown's speedier
skaters, and made the most of their very few offensive opportunities.
(Two power play goals by Brian Richardson, and one empty net goal).
Brown controlled large portions of the game, particularly in the first
period, but couldn't put any shots behind goaltender Mike Tamburro.
Tamburro played an excellent game, helped by his three best friends,
Mr. Left Post, Mr. Right Post, and Ms. Crossbar. At times Brown's play
was a bit too fancy (and not terribly efficient), but still the Engineers
deserve all the credit in the world for sticking to their defensive game
plan. This appears to be a very different team from the offensive machines
we've grown accustomed to associate with RPI, but I have no doubts that
the result come March will be the same as in the recent past. As their
stellar league record (victories over Clarkson, St. Lawrence, Brown and
Harvard) indicates,the Engineers (I like this better than Rensselaer)
are a solid hockey team.

Brown completely dominated Union, but I'm sure Union didn't play at their
best. The Dutchmen seemed to be a bit tired, particularly in the third
period. Union is surely a much better team than what we saw at Meehan
Auditorium last night. The RPI/Union trip in late February should be
an interesting one for the Bears.

Brown's next stop is sold-out Bright Hockey Center next Saturday. The
rematch against our sister school from Cambridge (not MIT, I mean the
other one down the street) should be, to say the least, interesting.
That mythical network named ESPN2 is supposed to carry the game live.

Luiz F. Valente