>Officiating, well I heard from a bunch of fans (and judging
>from the "boos" that I could hear way down in our office) that it was
>less than high standard, but I didn't see enough of the game to judge
>for myself.  I did notice that Shepard seemed to swallow his whistle
>until near the end of the 3rd.  And, on the subject of officials, in
>Friday's Michigan-WI game 2 players were ejected, I don't recall who
>from Michigan, but it was one of those great Strobel twins from
>Wisconsin, who continued the fight on the way to the locker room.  He
>threw his stick at the Michigan player, and had to be held back by a
>cop.  Nice attitude.  I will say that the Michigan player did not try
>to retaliate in any way.  I was down at the north well ramp at the
>time, and Shepard was standing right next to me and said "those
>c**k-sucking Strobels"  (please, no Wisconsin hate-flames to me,
>the words came directly from Shepards mouth).
>
>Anyway, a great weekend overall for the Gophers, and hopefully the
>injuries will heal soon!
>
>Katie
>Go Gophers!   9 - 2 - 1

The officiating wasn't really all that bad.  There were a few blown, but
that is to be expected.  The only call I had a question about was the
cross-checking on Crowley that led to Michigan's third goal.  I didn't
see a cross check, but I need to see the replay to confirm this.  Shep
does have a tendancy to not call anything in the third, but there wasn't
all that much to be called.  It was nice to see a fast game like that.

As for Wisconsin.  Ugh.  The team that was playing this weekend was not
the Wisconsin that I expected.  They looked a whole bunch sluggish out
there.  And it seemed as though they were getting frustrated with either
the fact that they couldn't skate or that Mich/Mich St. could and were
hacking it up a bit.

Go Gophs!