On Thu, 24 Nov 1994, Eric Rickin wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Nov 1994, John W. Davis wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure about NC$$ facilities and beer, but Wisconsin plays it's
> > home game off campus and the Dane County Colesium.  The Great Dane
> > has a beer garden and is usually packed during the intermission between
> > periods.
>
> I thought that anything involved with the ncaa, whther it be played on or
> off campus can't be involved with alcohol.  Of course, I never read this
> anywhere, and I was just assuming..

Rick Telander covers the Dane County Coliseum and the serving of beer in
his book "From Red Ink to Roses", which covers a year of the Wisconsin
Athletic Department.  Supposedly, beer can be served at an NCAA event
that is not held on campus, like at the Dane County Coliseum.  USC also
serves beer at the LA Memorial Coliseum for football.