> Seriously, I may have missed it, but I don't think so, anyone with any
> details on this game?  I am intrigued with this weekend's pair of games,
> based on recent past games, I thought RPI would have been creamed by
> Clarkson and edged by SLU, when in fact they won both.  What's with RPI?
> What's with Clarkson?  Are there any ECAC teams worthy of the top ten?
> Vermont and who else?

Well, as far as RPI-Clarkson goes, I think it wasn't necessarily an
outstanding RPI team as much as it was a horrible Clarkson team. Granted,
Clarkson is a notorious slow-starter, but not THAT slow. RPI did take
advantage of Clarkson defensive lapses. They were certainly more focused than
the Golden Knights. Clarkson just didn't show up at all. For the RPI-SLU
game, the score was just about what I thought it would be, except the other
team won. I said in my post Friday night that RPI wasn't about to give up
just because they lost several players to graduation. They will be in the
thick of things come March, but they also might run out of gas by then. Mike
Tamburro is no slouch. He sat behind Neil Little for three years and learned
a lot. They still have some offensive punch, but I really don't see one player
taking control as a captain as of yet. The season is young, and we will
see what type of team RPI is around mid-February.

Clarkson will be back. They woke up Saturday night against Union and played
like a top ten team. They only got 1 point because of some guy named
Gallant -- one of my top five ECAC goalies. They have the leadership and
the experience to win the ECAC. Now, we have to see if they can really do
it. They're still my top pick (no bias here!), but like I said, the season
is still young!

Andy Weise
SUNY Potsdam '93          Let's Go Tech!!
Union College '95?        Let's Go U!!