It was my understanding that mouthpieces were required this year.  No, I
haven't memorized the NC$$ rulebook like some people on this list :-) but one
of the teams my son plays for plays under NC$$ rules.  And aside from the
4-on-4 for what would have been matching penalties and 5-on-5's in the past,
the mouthpiece requirement has been the most visible change.

Yet when watching the Mass-Lowell - Concordia game last weekend, there were
numerous players who were not wearing mouthpieces.  Perhaps this was allowed
because it was an exhibition with a Canadian team.  Or are the officials just
looking the other way?  I find the latter hard to believe, but was wondering
if any of the other games that have been played so far have shown the same
discrepancy.

DaveH