With five minutes to go in BC's eventual 33xxx 3-3
        tie with UNB, Eagle coach Jerry York was absolutely
        drilled in the head with the puck by one of his
        own players who wa trying to clear the zone. He was
        hustled back into the dressing room but returned about
        15 minutes later with a large band-aid on his forehead.
        I believe he relinquished coaching dixx duties to his
        assistants for the duration.

        I went to interview him after the gae for a story I'm
        working on and he was very groggy, but noonetheless
        was very candid despite the growing bump on his head.

        Some BC observations:

        Goal: Greg Taylor is a pro playing the college game. He
        hasn't looked back since stealing the Beanpot. He stopped
        ecx everything he saw including two breakaways by UNB and
        seems to be becoming more vocal on the ice now that the defense
        has lost its leader in Mike Spalla. Taylor is one less headache
        for York in rebuilding the eagles provided he ever gets over the
        one he has now.

        Defense: Undersized and easily pushed around. The three UNB goals
        came when the Reds quickly collaped on the net and BC couldn't handle
        the overload. Peter Masters and David Wainright looked overwhelmed
        at times.

        Forwards: There's some quicknes here but again its not a physical
        group. They are really going to miss John Joyce as a finisher and as
        a net crasher. Rob Laferriere seemed the least rusty and generated
        a lot of speed through the neutral zone setting up a good deal of plays.

        York: You can tell why Steve Cedorchuk failed and why York won't.
        This is a guy who can go into the midwesta and Canada and sell
        the BC program. He'll also be able to Break the BU lock on
        recruiting kids from the Super 9 teams( whoops, Super 8) that
        began when Ceglarski left. He talked about restoring stability
        to what was once (an still partially is) the elite team in
        college hockey. Remember, it's not good when one of the top-10 jobs
        in the sport on the colegiate level has had basically four head coaches in
        four years (Ceglarski, Cedor, Milbury, York).

        Also, h he honestly seemed to be enjoying himself (knock to
        the noggin included), an impression I never got out of Cedorchuk.

        Neil Goldberg, The Daily Free Press, (BU)