In message Fri, 14 Oct 1994 12:27:00 EDT,
  John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>  writes:

> An additional note concerning Western Michigan.
> They've raised the ticket price $1-$2 and have
> implemented $3 parking [used to be free].  I
> estimate that the net effect is roughly $2.50 per
> person, minus what they pay the parking staff.
> This should generate upwards of $150,000 in
> revenue this season.

Guess again.  Hockey will get none of the $3 you paid for parking.  The
entire $3 will be used to help pay for the new parking structure which, in
its first year, took in less than 10% of the what they had hoped for (and
needed) to pay for the thing.

The best part for hockey patrons is that the parking structure is a longer
walk from the arena than the used-to-be free lots around the arena.
[sarcasm intended]

I guess I hadn't even noticed the increase in ticket price, though.