Last year and over the summer we had a lot of discussions about
shootouts.  I finally saw a game with a shootout that I enjoyed.  Surprise!
Our local sports channel, HTS, replaced a Washington Capitals game with
an IHL game between the Houston Aeros and the Atlanta Knights.  They were
tied after 3 periods and so went to a shootout to end the game.  It was
very entertaining and I enjoyed it, even though I've always hated
shootouts.  The reason is that I didn't care who won the game.  I was
just interested in seeing an entertaining hockey game.  As a matter of
fact, I was starved for *any* hockey.

I still don't like shootouts as a means of deciding a hockey game in
which I'm rooting for one of the teams, but this was just for fun.
(Atlanta lost, so I would probably be upset if I was an Atlanta fan.)

It was also interesting because the Ferraro brothers were playing for
Atlanta and an ex-Capital, Dave Tippett, is a player-coach for the
Houston Aeros.

Carol