the latest Hockey-L Prediction Contest Update!

(OK, stop throwing the confetti, we're way over budget.)

On the heels of a decent weekend (WVU 34-10 over Missou, UT 10-9 over WSU, and
MSU 29-10 over UW [gee, if I'd have known we were going to play like that, I
could have made a FORTUNE]), I'm actually in a pretty good mood.  Which means
I wouldn't mind processing some more entries for the Contest, except that my
mailbox is EMPTY!!!

At the moment, we have 19 entries in the first annual Regular Season Contest,
which isn't too bad considering the deadline is still 11 days away.  From
what I've seen of the entries (and I have been a little lax in "actually"
tabulating them lately), they're still all over the ballpark.  A few teams
at the ends of the spectrum are agreed on by the majority, but anything in the
middle is far from settled.

I have enclosed another entry form at the end of this message.  Remember, the
deadline is:

                        OCTOBER 14, 1994 at 5:00PM EDT

I have received entries so far from:
                        Tony Buffa
                        Andrew Frisch
                        Don Demick
                        Bob Constantine
                        Chris Paine
                        John McCumiskey
                        Steve Moerland
                        Tark McMains
                        Rich Boehme
                        Kristen Robinson
                        Anthony Frolik
                        Eric Maiwald
                        Curt Nelson (I still need the tiebreaker)
                        Tim Newman
                        Andrew Peed
                        Greg Williams
                        Glenn Gale
                        John Forsyth
                        I. R. Rutks

I also included "Drop the Puck"'s predictions in, to see how the "publications"
would do.  I would also welcome entries based on TCHCR, CHODR, and any other
computer programs which may be out there.

BTW, Mr. Fenwick, when's the Preseason Poll coming out?

G. M. Finniss
Michigan State University- Contest Central
WVU (2-4) '87, UT (2-3) '92, MSU (2-2, should be 3-1) who the hell knows when?
12 days (TWELVE DAYS!!!!!!!) until faceoff against BG....

(For those of you who are familiar with MSU's campus, that damn siren [you
know, first working day of the month at 12:30] is going off.  Good thing they
never schedule disasters for the first of the month, or we'd all be screwed.)

Hockey-L Regular Season Prediction Contest Entry

Name:
Team you mostly follow:
E-mail address:

                HOCKEY EAST                     ECAC
1.                                      1.
2.                                      2.
3.                                      3.
4.                                      4.
5.                                      5.
6.                                      6.
7.                                      7.
8.                                      8.
9.                                      9.
                                       10.
                                       11.
                                       12.

                CCHA                            WCHA
1.                                      1.
2.                                      2.
3.                                      3.
4.                                      4.
5.                                      5.
6.                                      6.
7.                                      7.
8.                                      8.
9.                                      9.
10.                                    10.

                        Tiebreaker: Sum of conference points of Providence,
                                    Vermont, Illinois-Chicago, and Saint Cloud
                                    State (as in 2 for a win, 1 for a tie or
                                    shootout loss [HE only]):