As Mike Machnik pointed out in a private post to me, the NC$$ does limit
the fraction of teams in the national tourney.  Since bball is 64, I am
guessing it to be 25%, hence hockey should expect about 11 or 12, which
puts it at or over the limit.  My suggestion was partially whimsical, but
partly with the idea of perhaps eliminating the league tournaments (I
know, they make lots of dough!) and replacing them with some early round
games with all the teams in the tourney.  Maybe the NC$$ would make an
exception ( :-) )  in trade for not having to make the picks and ticking
off some team like CC last year!  All I know is the free-for-all was a lot
of fun in the old Illinois prep tourney, but, alas, I believe they are now
segregated into divisions...

Tony Buffa
RPI '64