On Mon, 24 Oct 1994, Gary Hatfield wrote:

[I deleted the question about the whistle blowing and when it happened]

> The TV replay clearly indicated that the wistle blew BEFORE the goal
> was scored.  In blew simultaneously with the shot by Checco which was from
> about five feet.  So technically, Buzzy was wrong to reallow the goal.
> On the other hand, the whistle had no impact on the play.  That is, I
> don't think the Whistle caused the goalie to let it by- he had no chance.
> Had he done the right thing and disallowed the goal and suppossing the game
> went into OT where the Bulldogs won or tied, then the Gophers rightfully
> could claim that they got robbed.  The way things went, Duluth doesn't have
> anything to complain about.

Well, I was sitting directly in front of the play, with the glass between
me and the play of course, and to tell you the truth, I don't know if the
whistle blew before or after.  But, if he did blow the whistle before,
we've got a lot to complain about (Other than the 0 for 16 PP and Mrozik
out for the year and, well, I could go on and on (6 goals a game given
up, argh!)).  But like I said I don't know.  The first thing I saw after
the goal was Butt, er Buzz coming in waving it off, and it seemed like it
was right away, but who knows?

Tony Frolik
Beat the Seawolves! (please?)