>               ... Kraft knocked the puck down (apparently with his glove -- he
>claims it hit his shoulder) to the right of the goal (directly in front of most
>of our campers), skated a stride or two and passed it to Checco in front of the
>crease.  Buzzy whistled it down just as Checco knocked it in and waved off the
>goal, apparently assuming Kraft had made a hand pass.  After extended conferenc
>with fellow referee Mark Thomas and linesman Jon Elvy, the goal was awarded,

   This has been discussed elsewhere on HOCKEY-L, but the reversal seems
   like the WRONG call to me, no matter what the replay showed, *if* the
   referee blew his whistle when he should have (he apparently *thought*
   it was a hand-pass).  The play was then dead at that point ...  no
   matter whether it was a good call or not.

cheers,

Wayne Smith
The College Hockey Discussion List administrator
Systems Group - CAPS              BITNET/CREN:  wts@maine
University of Maine System        internet:     [log in to unmask]

LISTSERV Gem: HOCKEY-L FILELIST
Use the GET HOCKEY-L FILELIST command to obtain a listing of all
available HOCKEY-L related files, including standings, schedules, team
info, back postings and more.

For more information, send the command HELP to [log in to unmask]