[Mike Machnik wrote]:

>At many of the HE rinks, it seems that you can get in for about $2-3
>just by presenting a valid student ID from any school.

Not at BC!!!!  Many times I've gone to a game at BC, and even if it's a
Lowell v. BC game, I always had to pay full price.  Guy at the ticket
window always says, "Sorry, student rates are only for BC
students...."!!!!  I almost wrote a nasty letter to the folks over there,
because, as Mike said, most other area schools will allow for student
prices as long as you've an ID - whether your school is involved in the
contest or not!

By the way, tickets at Lowell are $3 for students with ID, $7 otherwise.
They have special programs for youngsters involved in the Lowell Youth
Hockey program, and I'm not sure the exact price for season tix, but I
believe it comes out to about $6 per home game.  This past year the
Athletic Dept. started selling "coupon books" for $55 which contains 20
tix good for admission to any home football, hockey or basketball games.
(Actually each ticket was good for ONE adult admission to said events or
TWO children).

Steve Weisfeldt                                   Go River Hawks!!!!!!!!
Univ. of Lowell (now UMASS-Lowell)  1986, 1988
[log in to unmask]                          Is it October yet??????