From:   WINS%"[log in to unmask]" 27-SEP-1994 15:09:34.97
To:     [log in to unmask]
CC:
Subj:   Re:  Hobey update

Date: Tue, 27 Sep 94 15:07:49 EDT
From: [log in to unmask] (David F. Delchamps)
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re:  Hobey update

Andy Weise asks:

> 1989 Hobey winner Lane MacDonald was last seen (by me) doing analysis
> for TNT network during the 1994 Winter Olympics at Lillehammer. I'm not sure
> if he ever played in the NHL. Anybody?

        My understanding is that Lane's *professional* career never got off
the ground because of a problem he had (and might still have, for all I
know) with migraine headaches.  Furthermore, I think it's also true that
Lane never wanted to play in the NHL; the professional options he explored
were in Europe.  The bottom line, as I recall, was that he was not interested
in playing North American pro hockey, but learned later that his medical
problems precluded playing anywhere else either.

        Lane MacDonald and Scott Fusco, when they played together, were
a thrill to watch.  Too bad they were (at the time) "the enemy."
(That doesn't count the 1989 finals, of course, which were after Fusco's
time.)

                                                Dave Delchamps
                                                Cornell University
                                                Let's Go Red !!