from the vaults...this is the first message ever sent to
HOCKEY-L/college_hockey that was not a test message.

- mike

###
        From:  [log in to unmask]
        Date:  Friday, September 15, 1989   5:20:41 pm (EDT)
     Subject:  here's the intro message which was posted to r.s.h.
          To:  [log in to unmask]

         FINALLY!  It's here!

    I hereby announce the creation of a new mailing
    list,

         college_hockey

    The purpose of this list is to provide a forum
    exclusively for discussions relating to collegiate
    ice hockey.  The relaying of local scores is also
    a main concern, since several of us spent much time
    tracking down obscure scores last year and we'd like
    to have a quick way to find and relay them.

    I expect that most of the discussion on this list will
    concern U.S. college hockey, specifically, NCAA Division
    I hockey; but, it will not be limited to this; postings
    on Div. II/III, club, or Canadian university hockey
    will also be welcome.

    The creation of this list is not intended in any way to
    signify that we believe that college hockey discussion is
    either unwanted or should cease in rec.sport.hockey.  We
    merely want a quicker way to move scores and information
    AND to help people across the country learn about teams
    they never get to see.  For the most part, mail tends to
    be quicker than news.

    We hope to have several people involved from all the major
    leagues (WCHA, CCHA, ECAC, Hockey East) plus independents
    so that we can have access to a large amount of information.
    Currently, the list consists of Keith Instone at Bowling
    Green (CCHA) and myself at Apollo/Merrimack (Hockey East).
    However, even if you don't have access to scores/etc. but
    are a fan of the game, you'll be welcome.

    If you'd like to be placed on the list, send mail to me.  I
    will send you an introductory message with the address of
    the list.  Thanks for reading, and I hope to hear from
    all the college fans out there.

    - mike
###

<<<<< Color Voice of the Merrimack Warriors (station TBA for 94-95) >>>>>