Just a quick clarification on something Mike M. posted...

>There have been the following situations since 1986-87 in which Ivy
>teams were allowed to play over the limit.  (One is the aforementioned
>trip of Yale, not Brown, to Alaska in 1992-93 in RPI's place after RPI's
>petition was rejected.)
>
>(9)
>1994-95: Harvard
>1992-93: Yale
>1991-92: Brown
>1990-91: Dartmouth
>1989-90: Dartmouth
>1988-89: Yale
>1987-88: Brown, Dartmouth
>1986-87: Cornell
>
>There have been the following situations since 1986-87 in which ECAC
>non-Ivy teams were allowed to play over the limit.
>
>(none)
>
>Draw your own conclusions.

There are two different limits, the Ivy League's (26 regular-season games
until last season, when it was upped to 27) and the ECAC's (30 games, in-
creased to 32 this season).  The nine teams mentioned above all exceeded the
Ivy limit; however, no team, Ivies included, has been permitted to exceed
the ECAC limit.  So while the Ivies have been playing a little fast and
loose with their own self-imposed "limit", they have not gone so far as to
allow themselves to schedule more games than the ECAC as a whole allows.
--
Bill Fenwick
Cornell '86 and '94.5