> The only change I would like to see, and I may be in the minority, would
> be to adopt the NHL's rules for icing.  I enjoy watching the "footrace"
> back to the goal line to prevent and icing.

AMEN BROTHER!!!!!  Granted, I don't get to watch too much D1 college hockey,
but we use NCAA rules down here at the D2 club level, and when I go watch
Indiana play, I have a great difficulty adjusting to the rules...esp.
the auto icing one.  I've heard the arguments about injuries, but if a
team ices the puck and can get down to recieve it first, then more power
to them.  However, I think the auto-icing rule also goes hand in hand with
the elimination of the two line pass.  W/O auto icing OR a 2-line pass,
teams would be able to have a player cherry-pick at the other blue line
(Brett Hull-esque, but worse), and shoot the puck from one end of the rink
to another, and give a cherry-picker an unfair advantage.  Personally,
I like the NHL rule of the 2 line pass and the touch-up with icing.  Call
me archaic (because I am...I think fighting has a place in the game and
I hate Europeans because they're all wimps), but I just like a tighter game
with more defense.  However, if there's ice, a puck, and 12 guys out there,
I'm there too :->.

Andrew C. Smith               Ph--812-857-1658           [log in to unmask]
Finger me for snail-mail address, IHL Mailing List, and Puckheads information
It's easier to try than to prove it can't be done.         --The Moody Blues