Bill Fenwick writes:
>If the Big Red wants to schedule more games, they would almost certainly
>have to petition the Ivy League, since they are already at the Ivy limit of
>27.  The NC$$ would have no problem with Cornell claiming an exemption for
>the two Can/Am games (a moot point, since the Big Red is nowhere near the
>official 34-game limit), but the ECAC, or rather the Ivies, probably would.

I think they probably wouldn't, as you go on to say -

>hmm, maybe Cornell wouldn't have anything to worry about...)

There have been the following situations since 1986-87 in which Ivy
teams were allowed to play over the limit.  (One is the aforementioned
trip of Yale, not Brown, to Alaska in 1992-93 in RPI's place after RPI's
petition was rejected.)

(9)
1994-95: Harvard
1992-93: Yale
1991-92: Brown
1990-91: Dartmouth
1989-90: Dartmouth
1988-89: Yale
1987-88: Brown, Dartmouth
1986-87: Cornell

There have been the following situations since 1986-87 in which ECAC
non-Ivy teams were allowed to play over the limit.

(none)

Draw your own conclusions.
<<<<< Color Voice of the Merrimack Warriors (station TBA for 94-95) >>>>>