Kariya vs. Montgomery?  A tough choice, indeed.

Without a doubt, Paul Kariya is the most talented college hockey player
I've ever had the priveledge to see.  Paul did things as a freshman that
other players never came close to.  He is clearly a cut above the rest.

However, Jim Montgomery would have to be my all-time MVP at Maine.  That
leadership role is _so_ important, and Jimmy was the best at it.  Also,
he was consistently playing a role in every game.  300 points...that says
it all.

Still, I can't help but wonder what kind of college hockey player Paul
would have been in his senior year at Maine.  On top of the incredible
talent, Paul had leadership quality, as well.  He didn't become captain
in his sophomore year on his stats alone.  Paul had what it takes to be
a leader, and he was well liked by everyone.  We Maine fans knew it was
unlikely that Paul was gonna stay four years, but it was our pleasure to
have him while it lasted.  Good luck, Paul.  Here's hoping you make
mucho bucks in your Anaheim deal.

Well, we can't complain, because we have a ton of players coming back.
I guess our motto this year is...
WE'RE BEARS...WE'RE BLACK...WE WANT OUR TITLE BACK!!
(hmmm...maybe we'll save that for the playoffs)
    |\  Jim Baines  [log in to unmask]   a.k.a. "Sportscaster"
    |/  UMaine '89   HOME OF THE 1993 NCAA NATIONAL HOCKEY CHAMPIONS
  \ |\  "Fill the steins to Dear Old Maine, SHOUT 'til the rafters ring,"
   \|/        --The Maine Stein Song