Just a comment in regard to Greg Sorenson's comment about Munn Arena holding
6,000+ and sounding like 2,500...

While working in Michigan State's SID office as a student from 1984-89, I
attended nearly every home hockey game.  My vantage point was, therefore, from
the press box.  But, especially during my first two years, I found Munn to be
very loud and a very difficult place for opponents to visit.  Maybe it is not
that way anymore.  I think it is true of any program or franchise that the
"rise to power", when a team is evolving into a power, is when fan excitement
(not interest, necessarily) is at its height.  MSU still draws big crowds;
according to Greg, however, they are not as noisy as they might have been 10
years ago.  The interest is obviously there.  Maybe there is just a different
type of fan attending now than when the Spartans were developing into a
national power.  Either way, the program has remained incredibly successful.

Justin