Well, the month-long Pro-Am tourney comes to a close tonight as the play-offs
have been reduced to two teams.  The Championship game takes place at 7:15 PM
tonight at Walter Brown Arena at BU.  Admission is free.

The two finalists are the Bruins (wearing black) (knicknamed the pseudo-BU
team) versus the Jets (wearing Blue) (bearing many MANY knicknames... the
two I can mention here are the "Veteran Team" and the "Former BC'ers and
Aubre") <Aubre is a very large and unskilled player who plays for the Jets
and possesses no hockey skills other than that he can beat people up.  He looks
like he's in his 30's and, from the same home-town as former Terrier Doug
Friedman, has been called a "psycho" by a few of BU's rough-house players.>

Last night, in the semi's, the pseudo-BU team beat the pseudo-UMass team and
the Veteran team beat the pseudo-Northeastern team.  Both were actually VERY
good games by summer standards.  (Heck, they were not bad by normal standards!)

The team called the Mighty Ducks (knicknamed the "BU-rookie team") and the
Devils (knicknamed the "Merrimack-Ivy team") did not qualify for the playoffs.

The pseudo BU team is missing many of their best players, Mike Grier, Jay
Pandolfo, Bob Lachance, and Jacques Joubert due to the Select-25 tourney
in ?Finnland?.  Also gone from the real BU team are supposedly Jon Coleman,
Mike Sylvia, and Jeff Kealty.  I'm sure there are one or two more who are
over in Europe competing in these tourneys, but my information is second-hand.

The notable players in tonight's game are, for the Bruins, future BU-fourth-
liners Ken Rausch, John Hynes, and Matt Wright, former BU'ers Phil
VonSteffanelli, Jon Jenkins, and Jon Jacques (now with UMass), future BU'er
Chris Drury, and present star Rich Brennan.

For the Jets, the notable players would have to be, besides Aubre, former
BC'ers John Joyce, Ron Pascucci, and Scott LaGrand, present BC'ers Toby Harris,
Rob Laferriere, Peter Masters, and Clifton McHale, UMich player Rick Willis
(loves to hit), and one-loved by the press: Deron Quint.

It should be an interesting game.

Although the Bruins (pseudo-BU) are the #1 seed, that was earned with Grier,
Pandolfo, and Lachance playing regular shifts while Ted Drury and Jacques
Joubert gave significant help in a few games.  Based on the present situation,
I would have to pick the Jets to win it.

Either way, the earlier resemblance this tourney sometimes had to an NHL All-
Star game has gone with the arrival of the playoffs.  I would recommend this
to any hockey fan with a free hour-and-a-half.

See you at 7:15 tonight!

Tony  BU'92'93
Former Ogre

PS - It's 2 twenty-five minute halves, so get there on time!