The following three hockey players who will be attending RPI next year
were taken in the NHL draft yesterday.

 63 Bryan Masotta   G Hotchkiss School       Ottawa
127 Doug Battaglia LW Brockville Braves      Detroit
252 Chris Aldous    D Northwood Prep         Montreal

Interestingly, Aldous was not projected as being drafted in the most
recent NHL scouting report, while Eric Healey who was projected as a
draftee was skipped over (unless I overlooked him on the list, which is
easy to do).  I guess that this is par for the course.

Also this means that RPI has lost due to graduation three NHL draftees,
one goalie (Little), one defenseman (Layzell), and one forward (Majic)
and gained incoming drafted recruits at the same positions.

I guess that all of this is conditional on Buddy Powers not being able
to to take these players along with him to BG if and when he goes
there.  [Of course, all of BG's scholarships are probably already
filled, and we all know that Jerry York won't be able to take anyone
along with him to BC :-) :-) :-) ]

Ralph Baer  RPI '68, '70, '74