> I just received a copy of John Gilbert's article on Jason Botterill
> that appeared in COLLEGE SPORTS [thank you Justin D!].

>   TOP 25 FREE AGENTS*
>    1. Dwayne Roloson, G, Mass-Lowell
>    3. Greg Bullock, F, Mass-Lowell
>   14. Shane Henry, F, Mass-Lowell
>   21. Ian Hebert, F, Mass-Lowell

> Jeez...maybe they should have called the list the top 25 free agents
> from the CCHA, WCHA and Mass-Lowell. :-)

I think this is a sign of how good Crowder is at spotting over-looked
talent.

At a school like BU, most of the players have already been drafted before
they
came here (notice that none of the good BU players are available in the
draft
or as free agents... heck, even two of our 4 "walk-on" seniors where
drafted
(Pratt before he arrived, Friedman after his frosh year).

Crowder doesn't get to select the talent BU, Maine, BC, etc. get to.
Crowder
just seems like a genious at spotting talent others miss.

I don't mean this to be a reverse woof, I'm not downing Parker, I'm just
saying
that stats like those above tend to only increase my respect for Crowder.

Tony  BU'92'93
Former Ogre

Crowder's ability to spot "overlooked" talent may be genuine, but don't
forget that he only recruited one the four players on the list.  Henry,
Roloson, and Hebert (and Mike Murray) were all recruited by then-coach
Billy Riley - before Crowder was on board.

Steve Weisfeldt                                   Go River Hawks!!!!!!!!
Univ. of Lowell (now UMASS-Lowell)  1986, 1988
[log in to unmask]                          Is it October yet??????