Buddy is so PAINFULLY obvious to replace Jerry York, that
if it does not happen, there will be a lot of rumbling in
BG.

Wayne Wilson will be considered, as will Bill Wilkinson
(WMU coach, former BG asst) if he applies. Shawn Walsh has
BG ties, getting a degree from here and coaching our club
team back when Ron Mason was our coach. (And Shawn might be looking
to get out of Maine if he could play against his father-in-law.)

But Buddy has been the leading "candidate" for years now. When
BG had its horrendous season, some fans were talking about bringing
him back. I have even heard 1 current player talk about how much
he would like to have Buddy as his coach if Jerry were to leave
(this was last year).

Buddy was VERY well-liked when he was here. And he has been very
successful since he left, winning the D3 title at RIT and putting
together fine teams at RPI.

If Buddy Powers is not the next BGSU hockey coach, then you are
going to have a lot of unhappy people around here. We love Buddy!

The only major obstacle is that the university is currently in the
late stages of selecting a new Athletic Director, AND in the early
stages of choosing a new President. This shake-up at the top might
allow something weird to happen.

Keith