The Boston Globe had a LONG article today regarding BC's hockey scholarship
problems.  It could easily have been titled THE THREE STOOGES VISIT CHESTNUT
HILL.  There is no way I'll get a chance to type it in today, but it was
a serious indictment of the hockey program and Steve Cedorchuk specifically.
Yesterday I posted my disappointment with what I thought had been Milbury's
heavy-handed attempts to free up scholarships for new recruits.  I take that
all back now.  Milbury was apparently trying to extricate BC from a situation
where more scholarships had been promised than could be delivered.  What has
to be even more embarrassing for BC is that according to the article this is
not the first year that BC kids have gotten the shaft.

I do not know, nor have I met, Steve Cedorchuk.  I know there is a lot of
good will towards him on the list since he seems to have been a nice guy.
After reading the article and the way he screwed kids and their futures up,
however, IMO Cedorchuk may do a good Slick Willie impersonation, but if on a
regular basis he promised kids scholarships that he could not deliver on, then
he can go to hell, go straight to hell, do not pass go, do not collect $200.
He was either flat-out evil or disorganized to the point of incompetence.  He
had "no comment" for the story, but if he can't do better than that, I can't
imagine an AD doing anything but bringing Cedorchuk's resume straight to the
shredder.  Which is where it would belong.

If someone has the time to type the article nd post it, I'm sure it will be
of great interest.  It's just impossible for me to today...

- DaveH

*****************************************************        ,-******-,
* Dave Hendrickson "Robo" [log in to unmask] *     *'     ##     '*
*        A Hockey Polygamist and Get-A-Lifer        *   *##   ___##___   ##*
* GO BROONS!!!      Go Red Wings!!     Go LA Kings! *  *   ##|   ___  \##   *
* GO UMASS-LOWELL!!!    Go Maine!!           Go BU! * *      |  |___)  |     *
* Although I can't remember ever having an original * *      |  |___)  |     *
* thought, and am certainly parroting someone who   *  *   ##|________/##   *
* actually has a brain, these opinions are mine,    *   *##      ##      ##*
* not Hewlett-Packard's.                            *     *,     ##     ,*