It was mentioned by ESPN and posted earlier that Brian Leetch (Boston
College) was the first US born player to win the Conn Smythe.  That same
post also mentioned Mike Richter's college days as a Badger.

Can anyone supply the names of other player's in this year's final whose
roots are in American college hockey?

I can't recall if it was mentioned by ESPN or I read elsewhere that Craig
MacTavish played at U Lowell (now UMass Lowell.)  Is that true?  Is it
Was Lowell a Division I program at that time?

There was some discussion a few days ago evaluating ESPN's coverage.  I've
found it generally good - Darren Pang got more likeable as time went on and
Al Morganti, who I thought was the weak link, improved his standing with
his story about God and Bobby Orr.  BUT, there was hardly a word about
BC or Wisconsin.  Is it possible there were only two (or three) participants
who came up through the college ranks.  It seems to me that if ESPN is
trying to build their audience the mention of US college programs could only
help.

        Bill