david weinberg writes:

> Each sport at the festival has its own criteria and purpose for
> participating, but one the the purposes of the U.S. Amauter Hockey
> Association is to choose memebers of the U.S. National Jr. Team who will
> play in the World Jr. Championships.  Because of this there are no
> players over the age of 20 in the Olympic Festival, however you will see
> the best college and Jr. A players that this country has.

That was the case last year, when it was decided to hold the Olympic team
tryouts separate from the Festival, so the Festival included only players
eligible for last year's World Junior Championships.  In past years, I believe,
they have sometimes had one of the four teams consist of only under-20 players
to serve as a "camp" for the junior players.  This year they are obviously
inviting some prospects who are over 20.  (I doubt 1994 Olympian Chris Imes, for
example, is under 20, and I know that Brian Bonin turned 20 last November.)

Pam Sweeney                            Go Gophers!!!
[log in to unmask]      1993 & 1994 WCHA Playoff Champions!!!
                                  1994 NC$$ PHinal PHour!!!
                                        Ski-U-Mah!!!