The biggest problem I see with the play-in has to do
with byes.  One of the reasons I would like to see the
tournament expanded to 16 teams is that it would get
rid of the bye to the top four teams.  Everyone would
have to play the same number of games to win the
championship.  With a play-in added to the current
format, the winners of the play-in would have to play
two more games than the top four seeds.  It would be
nice to give the extra four teams the opportunity to
make the tournament, but I wouldn't want to see that
happen at the expense of seeds 9-12.

Paulette Dwen
Cornell '89
Let's Go Red!