In regards to Maine's incoming recruits, one is from my hometown:

> White, a 6-foot, 195-pounder from Burlington, Mass., tallied 7 goals and
> 28 assists in 26 games for Class 1A (elite division) runnerup Arlington
> Catholic High School.  He was chosen to the All-Boston Globe and
> All-Boston Herald dream teams.
>
> "Brian has a terrific shot.  He's a great hitter and he has good hands
> for a big guy," said Arlington Catholic coach and AD Dan Shine.

What I am wondering is if there is anyone out there who was following Eastern
hockey back in the late 70's and early 80's who knows what happened involving
a goalie from Burlington.  Getting a *slightly* slanted view from around here,
(without much detail, though) there was some goalie from Burlington who went to
Boston College after Burlington's '78 season. (last public school to win EMass
State Title)  He was supposedly very good, but got "screwed over" by BC.  The
barbers in town say that, "It'll be a LONG time before we send another player
over THERE again!"

It seems like he was thrown off of the team or something when, they claim, "He
didn't DO anything!"  Anger and resentment over some incident (or stupid things
said) seems to still linger.

Although the Fusco brothers were Harvard material anyway, (so BC would not have
gotten them) Burlington has recently sent 4 players to div I schools on
scholarship, Pandolfo (BU), Pierce (BU), Peterson (NU) and now White (Maine)
without any of them considering BC (at least that is what I am told).

#1, What happened 15 years ago?

#2, No matter what happens in the media, as long as the local boys do well up
in Maine (gee, sound like Minnesota for a second there :-)), Walsh will keep
getting Mass talent.  If the barbers start talking badly about Maine, THEN
Maine is in trouble. :-) <with a hint of truth>

#3, Having seen Brian White, although he will not dominate the league or throw
off the balance of power, he appears to be a descent defenseman who, with some
coaching, could be a good, solid player for 4 years at Maine.  He is a good
pick-up, IMHO.

Tony  BU'92'93
Former Ogre
Long-time Burlington resident (and BC hater)