On Tue, 17 May 1994, Dave Hendrickson wrote:

> David Josselyn wrote:
> > Arthur Mintz pointed out my boneheaded math error
> >
> > David M. Josselyn
> > GSO Vice President
>       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> David, I hope this doesn't mean that you're a beancounter that can't count.
> :-)  :-)

Luckily, no! The counting of any and all beans collected by, assigned to,
or distributed in the name of Syracuse's Graduate Student Organization is
the sole and official province of the office of Comptroller, whose powers
include, but are not limited to, the authority to write down the numbers
of beans in different places on official GSO stationary; the right to
move beans from place to place (with the express consent of the Executive
Committee or a 2/3 majority of the GSO Senate) and the responsibility for
ensuring that the student's needs are best served by an equitable
redistribution of beans.

Naturally, I became Vice President and not Comptroller because I don't
like beans. Or SAT tests, for that matter. I got more flak for that SAT
stuff than for anything I ever wrote about Native American nicknames or
even, God forbid, shootouts.

Oh, yes, the obligatory college hockey content...

Merrimack's loss of Brian D'Accord marks the second such loss in as many
years. This is not a good thing.

Not enough?

Umm...

BTW, despite all my rhetoric about shootouts, the three MC players I've
talked to so far all seem to like the idea.

_Dave