As a BG and CCHA follower, I'll have to admit that I miss the "flash" of Frank
Anzalone.  He had the knack to do the unexpected, and was quite an entertainer
if he meant to be or not (and perhaps was a sometimes embarrassment to the LSSU
administration - the Bobby Knight of college hockey?)

Some of the things I loved were:

1)  Perching on the rail like a banty rooster giving the officials the
what-for.  Most coaches aren't small enough (or coordinated?) to do this with
regularity).  Did Frank specialize in the balance beam in college?

2)  Down 6-2 in the second?  No problem, pull your goalie. I've seen him do
that several times, with often surprising results.  That sort of move
epitomized what Frank was all about.

My best Frank story from a BG penalty box official:

A referee put a Laker in the box and added the comment, "and tell your coach to
shut-up or he's outta here too!"  To which the player replied, "Do us both a
favor and kick him out NOW".

Ahh, the love-hate relationships between players and their coaches.

Bob Hall
BG 'Class of a Long Time Ago