> All week I've been looking forward to SportsSouth's *listed* local
> telecast of the Harvard-Lake State semi-final. A former student who
> gets cable was going to tape it. He just called. The cable company has
> decided there's no audience for an afternoon hockey game in the Columbia
> market. They have substituted something else: tractor pull, fish fry,
> wrestler interviews, NASCAR hot stove league,...whatever they can sweep
> off the floor, they don't care.

On Sportchannel Pacific we only got the LSSU/Harvard game.  I called
SportsChannel and they said that they were only able to pick up Prime feeds
direct (i.e. Prime can tape delay, but SCP cannot).  Since the BU/Minn game
conflicted with the Sharks game (it wasn't a fishfry, they were playing
Toronto, not Hartford), we missed the second semi-final game.

I taped the first game (11am start out here), and shut off my mailtool so I
wouldn't have the game spoiled by seeing the results.  What happens??  While
driving home I flip to the 4:45 sport update on KCBS to hear any Sharks
stories and they LEAD with the semi-final results!  End of OT suspense.
Wayne, does KCBS subscribe to hockey-l? ;-)   Seriously, for them to lead with
a story other than the Niners, Giants, A's, Sharks, Stanford, Cal, etc. is
very rare.

-John Hughes
Santa Clara, CA