From the April 1 Edition of "The New Hampshire":

   In a day of suprises, UNH men's hockey coach Dick Umile accepted a
position as the assistant general manager for the Boston Bruins, replacing
Mike Milbury.
   Umile reportedly made the move following last night's disclosure that
Athletic Director Gib Chapman had offered Maine's Shawn Walsh the UNH job.
   "It was time for a change," Chapman said. "We need a championship, and
we'll do whatever we have to do to get it."
   Chapman wore dark glasses at this morning's press conference, and there
were unconfirmed reports Umile had punched him in the eye upon finding out
about the offer to Walsh.
   "This is going to be a great year in UNH hockey," Walsh said, sporting
a blue and white UNH jersey. "How 'bout 'dem Wildcats!"
   Umile will be moving to a $350,000 a year job in the Bruins front office,
and said he won't look back.
   "As far as I'm concerned, the last day I considered myself a Wildcat was
last night," he said. "They might win, but it doesn't mean they have to sell
their souls to get there."
   Wildcat players, who have regarded Walsh as their chief rival, met the
news with sadness and anger.
   "I'm rethinking my options," said junior Eric Flinton, who had been selected
as co-captin for next year's team.  A draft pick of the Ottawa Senators,
Flinton said he's mulling a jump to the NHL.  "I think of every time we played
against Maine, and how much I hated Walsh, and I really don't know if I can
play for him."
   "One of the reasons I came here was to play for coach Umile," said first
year student Eric Bogunieki.  "With him gone, I don't even know if I want to
stay at UNH."

 Howard M. Quimby   D/471                                [log in to unmask]
 GD - Electric Boat Division                             [log in to unmask]
 75 Eastern Point Road                                   [log in to unmask]
 Groton, CT  06340                                       (203) 433-3465