As far as I have ben told by BU sports iformation, the four
suspendexxx BU players that recieved game DQ's in the third period
of the Terriers 6-1 thumping of PC will miss only one game- the HE
semi-finals at Boston Garden. I believe the Lowell mess of a few years
ago was handled as a special case.

        Again for the record, the four BU players are:
        J.P. McKersie, goalie
        Doug Wood, defenseman
        Chris O'Sullivan, defenseman
        Jay Pandolfo, forward (38 points on the season)

        Jack parker salso said they would be gone for one game. and one game only.
        Although BU loses two defesneman, Jon Coleman should be back from injury
by then. Still, BU is ddarn thin on D for that game and if they lose that game, we'll all
look back on that brawl as the moment they punched their season away. The last time BU was
forced to dress only fibve true defensemen in a big game, Harvard ran them up the flag pole.

        My last thougts on Maine as they can now hit the golf course:

1) Maybe someone from the Maine Campus can asnswer this for me: Where does Maine
have the money to sue the NCAA?? Didn't they just eliminate their communications
school for lack of funds. I also thought they spent all of the hockey slush fund
on keeping Walsh fror  from bailing for UMasss-Amherst last year. Are they really
prepared to spend what would be a huge sum of money to sue the NCAA when they have
enough troubel keeping the light and heat going?

1
2)I believe almost every conference has a rule against member institutions suing
the league as a whole with either a huge fine ($1 million) or expulsion from the
league as a punishment. I don't know this for sure but I know that all four pro
leagues and almost every coll. basketball conference has the rule including
the BIg East, of which Hockey East bylaws are patterened after.

3) Suing the NCAA (or trying to get a restraining order against one of its
rulings) would be a very bad idea. UNLV tried it in 1977 and 15 years later
they got double the punsihment they would have recieved if they had left well
enough alone. The NCAA can make lif quite difficlut when someone tries to
take them to court. They will tie it up t with motoions s and such until
the school gives up. It's happened many times, and the school loses every time.

For anyone who wants it here's the lateset, most recent list of Final Four sites:

1995 Providence, RI   Providence Civic Center
1996 Cincinnati, OH   Cincinnati Gardens
1997 Milwaukee, WI    Bradley Center
1998 Boston, MA       Shawmut Center (new Boston Garden)
1999 Anaheim, CA      Anaheim Arena (The Pond!!!!)

        The Boston Globe says this morning that Kariya nand the Ducks are about half
a million apart in contract negotiations. The Ducks are offering on one million
while Kariya wants 1.5

        Hava a nice week everyone.
Neil Goldberg,  Daily Free Press    [log in to unmask]