In article <[log in to unmask]>,
Pryor, Kristen M. <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>Does anyone have any comments on RPI?
>
>Kristen Pryor

Well since you asked.............

Well, here we go with some comments about the tournament.
Of course only one game to play :(

Well the intensity sure was there.
Some points:

1) Neil Little finally woke up about 31 games into the season.
Staring with Union and then against Clarkson and Harvard and finally UNH.
There is no doubt that this is what kept it a 2 goal game. Without him,
UNH would have undoubtably won by A LOT more.

2) Kelly Askew just played spectacular on defense for the playoffs.  It was
commented that you do not have to be big to be a defensemen, but must have
leg power to go forward and hit. Kelly has both. It will be interesting to
see how Buddy handles Kelly next year.

3) Just could not score.  It seems that there was just a force pushing the
puck wide all of the time.  Granted Israel andCavicchi were great in goal,
but there are just some shots that should have been in the net.

4) A little change in tactic by Buddy in the UNH game at the beginning,
Rare to see Chris Maye out there without a lead. But he comes out and
anchors the fourth line, and then when things are UNH 1 RPi 0, Maye sits.
Weird tactic.

5) A constant 3 line shift by Buddy after the 1st period.

6) The defense was pretty good throughout the playoffs.  There were not many
defensive lapses whatsoever, and when there were, they were beaten by great
moves, or were covered nicely by other players and/or Little.

7) The inexperience factor must have played a big role. I don't think so.
I think that this game was an equivalent to an ECAC semifinal or final.
There were a lot of people in the arena, yes, but very pro-RPI. Non-hostile,
and I don;t think inexperience in playing in the show was a factor.

8) A sputtering power play.  The Engineers held onto the puck much to long
on the power play. You kmove the puck to find the open man, and quick
movement is the key. Not done, therefore no success.

9) It was disappointing to see the great effort by Little go unrewarded, but
those are the breaks.

10) Most emotional moment of the game:
 All the seniors hugging Neil little after the game. I could have sworn I
saw one of them mouth the words "I'm sorry" to Neil after the game was over.

*  Jayson Moy RPI '89 '93       * One of the Voices of Rensselaer Engineer    *
*  [log in to unmask]                 * Hockey, Baseball, Football, and Basketball  *
*  The "J Man"                  * on Crystal Clear FM Radio, 91.5FM WRPI, Troy*