Full slate for West Regional Games at East Lansing:

Saturday, 26 March- 3:00- Northeastern vs. Lake Superior St.
                    6:30- Michigan St. vs. Massachusetts-Lowell
Sunday, 27 March- 2:00- NU-LSSU winner vs. Michigan
                  5:30- MSU-UML winner vs. Minnesota
                        (All times Eastern)

All lower seeds will be labeled the "visitors" (that includes Michigan State,
despite what the Lowell Sun writer falsely believes).  While I can't verify
that the Spartans will dress in the visiting locker room (who really gives a
sh*t where they dress anyway, as long as it's not on the ice?), the Spartans
will be wearing their road green uniforms and use the visitor's bench and have
to change lines first.  I can't say whether the "home" team will have the choice
of which goal to defend.  Usually at Munn, the road team defends the goal near
the band in the first and third periods (which is also where the student section
is).  That also could be a concession to the guy who throws the sieve (we don't
want him to have to have rotator cuff surgery in the off-season).

For the record:  Munn Ice Arena is 200' x 85'.  The home bench and visitor
bench are on opposite sides of the ice, with the penalty boxes on the home
side.  The visitors' bench is on the press box side of the ice.

Interesting fact:  The only other regular season champion to not be invited to
the NC$$ Tournament since the field expanded from four teams was Bowling Green
in 1983.

Should Michigan State win both games this weekend (and that's not guaranteed by
any means) the win over Minnesota would be Ron Mason's 700th career victory.  If
not, we'll have to wait until at least October to celebrate.

According to the Lansing State Journal, there are still a limited number of
seats available.  The Spartan ticket office is open from 7:30-6:00 today.
The number is 1-800-GO-STATE.

For those coming in from out of town this weekend, there will probably be a
slight parking problem on Saturday.  As it turns out, the Michigan Boys' High
School Basketball Championships are scheduled for essentially all day at nearby
Breslin Student Events Center.

G. M. Finniss
Michigan State University
WVU (96-79 losers to Clemson in second-round NIT) '87, UTenn '92, MSU who the
hell knows when?