Somebody has their head in rectal defilade when choosing teams
for a tournament and ignore a regular season league champion.

I agree that Minnesota deserves to be there based upon the WCHA
playoffs. However, how one could choose Wisconsin over CC is
totally mind boggling if one has to choose between the the two
teams.  I also do not understand why the WCHA got screwed in
the number of teams chosen to participate in the NCAA's when
there is no outstanding reason to believe that any other league
is either stronger (or weaker.) I can not believe that a (Western
Michigan, Michigan State, Northeastern, Mass-Lowell, [you pick
the team]) should be chosen over a team able to capture the
top league spot in what is a creditable league by playing over
well over an extended period.

Something is terribly wrong with the NC$$ Hockey Play-off selection
criteria and the committee that is unable to use common sense.

Walt Olson
MTU