On Thu, 17 Mar 1994, T.C.A. Venkatesan wrote:

> 3. And some news from the bear country: President Hutchinson has
> formed a 5-point plan to take care of all the problems that the UMaine
> Athletic Dept. has had:
>
> a. Reinstate AD Mike Ploszek (starting tomorrow).

I've already posted about this, so I won't again here.

> b. Appoint a full-time Compliance Officer (for one year).

Just one year? Does that mean it's possible they'll return to part-time
when the attention dies down, do you think?

> c. Have a NCAA person visit UMaine in April to check on them.

Sounds good, but I kind of thought that was going to happen whether they
*asked* for a visit or not. :-)

> d. ... (I forgot what this one was!!)
> e. Dismiss Woody Carville (without any relocation within UMaine).

Ah, Woody, we hardly knew ye... or at least I hardly knew ye. I wonder if
he feels like that guy in the Tiananmen Square video standing in front of
the tank....

*** "Ah.  This is apparently some usage of the word 'safe' I wasn't
previously aware of."  -- Arthur Dent

David M. Josselyn
aka "Argus"

       /\