>As for Lacher's recent streak, remember that his last two shutouts have
been
>in the post-season and have no bearing on the All-CCHA selections.  His one
>goal against in four games to end the regular season blew away what was a
>very close race for the lead in both goals against average and save
>percentage.

Jeez...it must be getting bad when I begin to reply to myself. :-)

One more for the stat buffs.  Here are the CCHA goaltending leaders
prior to Lacher starting his streak. [All teams had played 26 games
other than Bowling Green and Miami with 25.]  Lacher's streak
certainly changed the figures below...but obviously the coaches
didn't feel his performance over the entire season warranted an
All-CCHA selection.

CCHA GOALTENDING AS OF 23 FEBRUARY 1994

     PLAYER TEAM                   GM    AVG  PCT   W   L   T
  1  Blaine Lacher, Lake Superior  14   2.40 90.1   6   3   4
  2  Steve Shields, Michigan       23   2.43 90.6  19   2   1
  3  Craig Brown, Western Mich     14   2.62 90.6   8   2   1
  4  Mike Buzak, Michigan State    25   2.65 90.9  14   6   4
  5  Bob Petrie, Bowling Green     19   2.75 89.4  13   4   2

  John H
  U Mich

P.S. BTW, how does one finish tied for fourth in the all-conference
voting and win goaltender of the year at the conference awards
banquet?