>I can't beleive that LSSU's Blaine Lacher who has 298.43 minutes of
>shutout hockey, a 1.86 GAA, and 92% save percentage didn't even get
>honorable mention on the all CCHA team. I have seen Blaine Lacher play a
>few games this season and was very impressed with his outstanding play.
>He seemed to be very consistent, not a streaky type of goaltender with
>ups and downs. Who ever was in charge of this poll should have realized
>that UM has an outstanding all around team and Steve Shields has a lot
>more protection in front of him than Blaine Lacher. As for Mike Buzak I
>can't fairly comment on his goaltending abilities because unlike Shields
>and Lacher I havn't seen Buzak play.
>
>Brad Cuyler.

I'd guess that the reason for not including Lacher in CCHA honors is his
low number of minutes played. He was hurt for several game and then missed
some more games due to some strange illness. True he did have a fine finish
but he wasn't between the pipes for enough minutes. I would also suggest
that his absence was a factor in the Lakers' mid-season slump.
AJ
LSSC 1984

P.S. There are some Laker fans on hockey-l, we just tend to let our team do
the talking!

A.J. Scheetz
Yale University
Department of Biology