>   by "David M. Josselyn" <[log in to unmask]>
>>  by Patrick Ellis <[log in to unmask]>

>> I recently heard a rumor on campus that HE is still going to court to
>> prove that their decision with maine was valid...  Does anyone have
>> confirmaton of this, and any news on what may happen....
>>
>>     (would Maine even bother showing up to court now????)

>No, I don't have confirmation, but I can't say I'm surprised.  The
>injunction still seemed to me as more of a way of erring on the side of
>caution, giving UMO the benefit of every possibly doubt. HE can't allow
>that to stand as a precedent for member schools to take legal action
>whenever they don't get the desired results in the league's democratic
>process.  As a volunteer organization, I think HE will be painted into a
>corner where they have to try and have the decision overturned or risk
>looking like a repressive organization trying to beat in court what they
>can't beat on the ice:  Walsh's hockey team.
>
>BTW, I don't think that was the case - I'm saying that it could be
>perceived that way if HE just takes the injunction on the chin and
>forgets about it.

I'm curious about one thing.  If the court rules in favor of HE, do last
week's games become nonentities as far as the suspensions to the BU players
are concerned?  It would be interesting to see if they are allowed to mark
off the suspensions on what may amount to be an exhibition game.

Cheers,

Mike

|  Michael Patrick Bresina   |     America's always had a problem     |
|  [log in to unmask]  |  with illegal aliens.  Ask any Indian. |