On Wed, 16 Mar 1994, Norman Blanchard wrote:

> There's a nice article in today's (3/16) Boston Globe about BU's four
> graduating seniors.  It's a funny coincidence that all four were walk-ons.
> Coach Jack Parker said something to the effect of "shows you how good our
> recruiting is!"  Actually, tongue-in-cheek aside, they actually did have a
> pretty good recruiting year four years ago, when Keth Tkachuk and Scott
> Lachance were freshmen.  What a shame they went pro - what a team we'd
> have!  That's OK, I'm quite happy with the one we have now.

Actually, all tongue-in-cheek aside, it IS an indicator of how good their
recruiting is. The athletes Parker and his staff actively recruit and
convince to come to BU are of such high quality that some don't stay a
full 4 years -  to wit, the aforementioned Lachance and Tkachuk.

However, BU has such a great reputation that players fully capable of
making the BU team (whether or not Parker wishes to recruit them
actively) are willing to come to the school even if they are not
recruited. (a la Garth Snow at Maine.)

David M. Josselyn

GO MERRIMACK!  GO ARGUS!  /\
                         /  \