You are all correct, the Let's Go Tech cheer dates back to the Clarkson
College of Technology days.

This is interestingly relevant to the Clarkson/RPI series.  In early 1984,
the first game played by Clarkson as "Clarkson University" was against the
extremely talented RPI Engineers, then ranked #1 in the country.  As you may
recall, RPI won the national title that year.

To make a long story short, Clarkson managed to defeat RPI with a much less
talented team, 3-2.  It was the most exciting college hockey game I ever saw,
with Clarkson coming back from a 2-1 deficit in the third with 2 quick goals
past Darren Pupa, and then desperate scrambling and a brick wall goaltending
job by Jamie Falle to hang on to the win while RPI peppered Clarkson for the
rest of the game.

I remember hanging over the glass at Walker Arena and screaming my lungs out.
It was an incredible win for us, and there was no finer feeling that year!

Just another piece of Clarkson/RPI lore which makes the rivalry so special...

Mark "The Hag" Hegarty
Clarkson '87
Former Pep Band Prez