Those of us who can follow CCHA hockey were (I assume) all surprised by the
posting of All-CCHA teams.  Surprised that Lacher of LSSU didn't even garner
an honorable mention!  Shields of Michigan is good, but he has one helluva
defense in front of him (as, admittedly, does Lacher), but Lacher's GAA is far
better than Shields, especially over the last month (Shields tiring?).  Three
years from now, I'd sooner expect to see Lacher between the pipes for some NHL
team that either Shields or whomever got the second team nod in goal.

I've heard some rumblings (ok, read them on hockey-l) about televised games and
why aren't MY team's (league's) games being televised..<whine,whine>.  Here in
Oxford, OH and Dayton (where I live), you get nothing except for one cable
company in the north of Dayton (where I live :^) ) that picks up Prime occas-
ionally.  Except this Saturday when they will televise, live and in-color, all
four Ohio State Girls Basketball championships (four Divisions)!!  I'm so
happy I could --- do something embarassing with bodily functions.

Finally, a lot has been posted about MTUs stunning victory over CC.  I'm glad
to see that MTU fans (fan - singular on Hockey-L?) are being gracious winners
and CC fans (if any on Hockey-L) are being gracious losers.  But I just gotta
point out to CC fans that payback is hell!  Remember back in March of '81 on
a day we (then) students at Wisconsin came to know as "Black Sunday", when CC
came back from a (seemingly) insurmountable 7 goal defecit in a two-game-total-
goal series to beat UW by 8 goals (9-1) and thus knock out the #2 (in WCHA)
Badgers?  Fortunately, the NCAA took pity on us and gave us an "at large" to
the NCAA tournament, which we won (our version of the miracle on ice).  So,
CC, what goes around, comes around.  Maybe 13 years from now someone will
return the favor to MTU.

Steve G