ECAC (Abridged) REPORT

I didn't get the press release again so this stuff is extracted from
the newspaper...

The ECAC PLAYER OF THE WEEK was Harvard's Steve Martins. Martins went 4-3-7
over the weekend as the Crimson swept Cornell.

The ECAC ROOKIE OF THE WEEK was Vermont goalie Tim Thomas. Thomas had 106 save
in 3 games, this weekend.

ECAC HONOR ROLL
Sean McCann, Harvard: Set HU record for goals by a defenseman, this weekend,
        with his 17th of the season.

Bryan Richardson, RPI: had a hat trick Sunday night.

Neil Little, RPI: Had a 2.50 GAA in 3 weekend games vs Union.

Geoff Lopatka, Cornell: went 5-2-7 over two games at Harvard. Only
        scored 6 goals in the entire regular season.

Geoff Finch, Brown: Surrendered 8 goals in opening loss to UVM but
        allowed only 4 goals in the final 2 games.

Patrice Robitaille, Clarkson: Had a powerplay hat trick in Game 2 vs Colgate.

Brian Mueller, Clarkson: Had 6 assists in 2 games, this weekend.

ECAC PLAYOFF SCORING LEADERS
Steve Martins, Harvard          4-3-7   in 2 GP
Geoff Lopatka, Cornell          5-2-7   in 2 GP
Craig Conroy, Clarkson          2-4-6   in 2 GP
Brian Mueller, Clarkson         0-6-6   in 2 GP
Craig Hamelin, RPI              2-4-6   in 3 GP
Nick Perreault, Vermont         4-2-6   in 3 GP

CLARKSON NOTES
Clarkson heads to their semifinal rematch with RPI having been unbeaten
in their last 7 gms (6-0-1) and having gone 13-2-2 in their final 17.

Clarkson has also killed off 23 consecutive man-down situations, while
having gone 7 for 12 on its own power play in their last 2 games. The
power play is connecting at 30% on the year.

Craig Conroy's 25-38-63 is the second highest point total for a
Clarksonian since 1980-81. Only Hugo Belanger's 75 pts in 1990-91
was higher.

Over the weekend, BrianMueller broke the 100 pt mark, becoming the
6th Clarkson blueliner to do so in a career. Assuming he stays on
for his senior year, he will likely finish in 2nd place on Clarkson's
all-time defensemen scoring list.

Clarkson goalie Jason Currie is apparently not happy about being passed
over in the Shrine East-West all-star game (for seniors). UML's Dwayne
Roloson, RPI's Neil Little and Geoff Finch of Brown were chosen as the
goalies; Currie was named an alternate. Said Currie, "I felt sick to my
stomach all day after I found out Little and Finch had been named to the
team."

[My opinion: I understand. Little has been very inconsistent this year,
IMO. Currie led the nation in save % and was a fair margin ahead of Little
in (ECAC, anyways) GAA. I can see Finch being named to the team. He is
certainly one of the most valuable players in the ECAC this season.
However, it seems that Little has been riding his reputation and pre-season
billing all year. I don't know if this Shrine game is to reward this
season's performance or an entire career's. Currie was an integral part
of two ECAC champions (splitting the regular season in both cases) and
(will hopefully) is trying to lead Clarkson to a third, in his own right.
Either way, if he's a senior, I'd take BU's Derek Herlofsky over Little
as well (if based on this season's performance alone). I'm not saying
Currie is the best goalie in the league or even the ECAC, but he has
performed better this year than Little, IMO. I guess the proof of the
pudding will be in Friday night. That's more important than an all-star
game anways.]

Craig Conroy, injured in Friday's game, will be fine for this weekend's
action. Conroy returned on Saturday and played pretty well. He took a
puck in the back while trying to screen the goalie. "It was sore," said
Conroy, "but after I got that first goal [on Sat.], the adrenalin got
flowing and I just wanted to keep it going."

Bri Farenell                                     Clarkson '95
[log in to unmask]                 Glens Falls High '91
AHL and NCAA contact for rec.sport.hockey        Go Erin Whitten (GFH '89)!
Adirondack Red Wings, AHL Calder Cup Champs: '81  '86  '89  '92
Bri's Hoops Final Four picks: Arizona, Michigan, Kentucky and Florida.
Let's go Tech!  Better dead than Red!    Go Wildcats Go! (Arizona, of course)