On Tue, 15 Mar 1994, Art Stine wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Mar 1994, Tom Buskey wrote:
>
> > > From: Daniel Falk <[log in to unmask]>
> > > And while we're on the subject, why DO people chant, "Let's go Tech"
> > > at RPI / Clarkson games ....?
> > >

> > Until 1983(?), Clarkson University was Clarkson College of Technology.
> > We used to cheer it at all the games.  I imagine the RPI games have
> > lots of alums.
>
> i think the point might be that both schools are 'Tech' ...
> so one wonders just which team folks are woofing for.
>
> -art

I know I haven't been going to RPI games as long as some here on the list
(only since '87), but I know that I have never heard "Let's go Tech"
cheered at any game I've been to at Houston Field House (except, of
course, the Clarkson fans that attend when their team is visiting).  What
the person above may be referring to is "Let's go Red", which may sound a
lot like "Let's go Tech" when you are sitting in an arena and 2000 fans
from each side are screaming for their team "Let's go Red/Tech".  Anyway,
just a thought.  I hope this get to everyone, since this is my first post
(I've been a silent observer since joining a couple of months ago).

See you all in Placid this weekend... LETS GO RED!!!

Kevin Reester
RPI '90